Monday, January 25, 2010

"Normal-looking" marrow

Hey All,

Well, it's not often that I get to say anything about myself is "normal," but I just wanted to pass along a happy update that my marrow "looked normal" according to my Doc. last week.

We've now started maintenance, and I'm still crazy-tired from recovering from the last round.  I'm rather beat down, and getting a little impatient to feel better, but I just keep reminding myself that it's been a long, long road, and I should expect recovering to take some time as well.

Almost all of my energy is going into getting back to work (I apologize for not updating more promptly), but I promise to have some longer and more reflective posts once I get a bit of energy back.

Thank you all so much for your support and for the time being I'm going to continue sleeping, getting back to work, and enjoying being cancer free!

I hope this night finds you all well.

sam

10 comments:

salmo said...

cancer free.. two very nice words when said together!

Candace and Stuart said...

woooohoooooooo!
That is good news and cause to celebrate.

Anonymous said...

Recovery takes time, even if you're just talking about a minor cut. You will get there, my friend. :)
Scott

cjir1 said...

hell,have a nice day

cjir1 said...

hell,have a nice day

Unknown said...

i love it, Sam!!!!

Stuart said...

Hello from Atlanta!

Hope you are still going strong, Sam. Recovery does take time! I am 8 months out, and still taking my time piecing things back together. Just rest... and let your body tell you what to do.

Ana T. Gentle said...

Claim it and it will happen. I am happy to hear that you are well. I just got a chance to read your blog and was really moved as I completely know how it feels...Gather your strength and be happy for this new opportunity to enjoy the world!

Anonymous said...

That is such awesome news. Jacques was so happy to hear the news. What an incredible blessing!

Katie Lee said...

Sam that's wonderful!!!!! Glad to hear you're doing well, best wishes!