Thursday, February 12, 2009

No Needles...Argh!


Never before did I think a lack of needles in my household would be a problem...

Slated to inject myself with a chemo drug this evening, I reached into my fridge to pull out the syringes, and immediately noticed that the pharmacist forgot to include needles for me to inject myself with. I knew that speaking of how smoothly things went at the clinic this morning would jinx my luck (we were in and out in three or four hours which is the equivalent of a land speed record for Sam clinic visits...)

Anyway, after calling the on-call doctor who said "I don't even know what to do," Katie is now on the way to the hospital to retrieve the much-needed needles.

"You better hope I don't run off and sell this to someone on the street," Katie joked as she exited with my syringe.

"Good luck finding someone who wants to buy cytarabine," I retorted, with rather quick wit I might add (at least for a chemo patient).

Well, I will happily allow murphy's law to add interest to life so long as it focuses its attention on the minutia of treatment.

On a second note, I am happy to report that my sense of humor is returning. The darn spinal taps seriously alter my ability to detect humor as well as significantly slowing my wit. After an eight day break, I can feel it returning and it feels great to laugh again. Laughter is a great medicine, after all.

Well, that's the report of the rip-roarin' good time at Sam's house this evening.

All right, since this is post number two for the evening I will not include a comment question of the day, but please do take the Music Challenge from the post below... I'd very much appreciate it.

Till next time,

Sam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam, the Doering's are blogging in from Baraboo. Love your writings and keep strong, my friend! Gary