Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The New Business Casual

As much as I hate working from home, it does have some advantages. Today I replaced my normal khakis and an oxford with a striking and sexy combination of a white tee-shirt and yellow boxers with bicycles on them as I worked away at my home office.

I realized at one point that any neighbors or passers-by could see in easily through a window, but didn't take any action as I figured that working in one's underwear is a liberty one can take when going through chemo. Other liberties I take include:

-Eating shamelessly high calorie food without guilt
-Renting golf carts for 9 holes
-Driving to work instead of biking
-Taking a midday nap when necessary
-Urinating anywhere outside (sometimes you've just got to go...)
-Publicly discussing bodily functions

This list is by no means exhaustive, but it's at least a good beginning.

Anyway, the last blood tests showed that I utterly lack an immune system at the current time which is why I'm working from home. Being here is beginning to bore me, however(as you can probably tell from the frequent blog posts). I think I might cheat and go back to the office for the rest of the week as today I had the bone pain that usually accompanies rising counts...

Finally, a video that most of you have probably seen, but is well worth watching for its humor and satire:



Take Care,

Sam

2 comments:

Stuart said...

Sam-

Out of curiosity, what are you Hematocrit, Hemoglobin, and Platelet levels?

From one to another,
Stuart

Anonymous said...

I hadn't seen that. Funny. I got your email. Thanks for writing back. I was beginning to think that you were ignoring it or something. Don't worry about it, though. I'm just paranoid like that. Take it easy.
Scott