Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Great Escape

Round one of blasting complete, and I'm feeling far better than expected. I just hope the cancer cells are feeling the wrath of the chemo and my mental will to kill them.

After just two nights in the hospital, they let me go home last night as I seem to be responding well to chemo. I'm finding that there is an hour or two in the morning when I experience a lingering spinal headache and feel extraordinary nauseated. Thereafter, I seem to feel great and am very excited about it.

I received some more terrific news yesterday; the spinal tap performed on Wednesday revealed that I don't currently have any lymphoblasts (the cancer cells) in my central nervous system. This can occasionally happen and is usually bad news bears...

I'm very excited to be back at home, and hope to avoid infection and the hospital for as long as possible.

2 comments:

salmo said...

Sam... glad that you are "out" of the hospital! Take a deep breath and have a fantastic Thanksgiving!!! Sally

jesseray said...

Wooo hooo!!!! Congrats!