Thursday, November 20, 2008

Uncle Jimmy's Hangin' Balls

Well, a bit of humor just brightened my day. While emailing my good friend Julie, I wrote the phrase "kick this cancer in the balls." As many of you know, Gmail now scans email content and tailors side banner text advertisements accordingly. My Gmail advertisements now read, and I promise I'm not making this up:

Silk Kissing Balls - balsacircles.com - find the perfect kissing ball, variety of sizes, flowers and colors.

Schwetty Balls Home

Hand Blown Glass Balls - Friendship balls, Gazing balls, and Witch Balls

and my favorite:

Uncle Jimmy's Hangin' Balls - horses love these fun treats: Great tasting in four yummy flavors!

Well, now I know what I'm getting all my friends and family for Christmas.

I'm still waiting on the Chemo. I hear I should be blasted within the hour and will update when I'm able. My friendly nurse says the prednisone might "make you a bit PMSey." "You'll know what it's like to be a hormonal woman" she informs me. Well, we all have that to look forward to.

Peace,

Sam

12 comments:

Susan said...

Schwetty Balls for your cousin-aunts? It could be my favorite Christmas ever. really.

Lil' Katie said...

You know exchanges like this sometime make me wonder why I voluntarily joined such an odd family...but at least its good entertainment!

Sam's Mum said...

All in all, I think it was another pretty good day. Keep up the good work. One day at a time!!! Sleep well.

Kate said...

Well, now that you took my idea I'll have to rethink all of my christmas gifts and cancel my orders with Uncle Jimmy. thanks a lot Sam.

Schmidty said...

Remember when I made "Schmidty Balls" and they were in the fridge for all of Christmas break? I think Dana lived off of them for weeks...

ha!

i am already addicted to this blog.

good night from Washington.

Kate said...

ok, Schmidty, you're going to have to explain...

salmo said...

Ahhh... you will experience the enlightenment of a hormonal woman... it's so freeing Sam... no matter what your mood (i.e. behavior) you can now blame it on hormones. It's truly a freeing concept! Be strong... get well. Sally

AuntieLin said...

No No don't cancel your orders for Jimmy's hanging balls, I'll take them. The advertisement says that your horse will have hours of fun licking and trying to grab the balls.... Hamr will have hours of fun.

Curtis said...

Hey Sam . . . I love the blog BUT, please try not to entice my mother to type things like wanting Jimmy's hanging balls or licking or grabbing balls, I think I need therapy after reading that. Unless it is another AuntieLin with a horse named Hamr. Yeah must be someone else. Keep up the good spirits.

jesseray said...

These goofy Ball products inspired me to share this:

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/11/the_world_is_ending_and_i_need.php

The Bro is for real.

Dremaz said...

Sam - you crack me up!! You have the great Weis sense of humor. xoxo Sending you love all the way from Massachusetts.
xoxo
Your cousin-aunt (love the term, Kate!) Diane and your cousins Lily, Anna, and Barry (you'll meet him some day).

Susan said...

I think I would really really like the other side of your family, Sam!